A while back, A long while back, I wrote a post about a bunch of things I would like to try. I thought I would see how many I have actually tried. Go easy on me though, since posting that, I had a baby and had three foster kids. Hopefully I can cross out something on that list…
After taking a look at that post, I am thinking maybe I shouldn’t post this… Can you say pathetic.
Okay, here it goes…
1. Cloth diapering: I succeeded at this one. I cloth diapered for several months and really liked. Currently I am using regular diapers due to a rash problem (I think it is food allergy related) that Xanthe is having. But we will be back on board with the cloth diapers soon.
2. Composting: “the only thing that has been holding me back is the price of those really cool spinning composters” : Yep, Still holding me back…
3. Canning: Maybe this summer.
4. Sprouting: Tried it a few times. I love sprouts and they are easy. I really have no idea why I don’t do it more often… Anyone have any favorite combinations of sprouts I should try?
6. Bread making: Make all of our bread homemade. Hahahaha. Sorry. I got as far as buying a book called Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: 100 New Recipes Featuring Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Gluten-Free Ingredients
. Good book. I read from cover to cover. Made bread twice.
7. Sewing: Not once. I really want to do this. I thought about it a few times… does that count.
8. Raw Milk: Never happened!
9. Line drying our clothes: I dried Xanthe’s cloth diaper on a rack in my laundry room. Does that count?
10. Upick fruit: Nope, didn’t do this one either… Maybe this year.
Wow, I guess we can all see why I didn’t bother with New Year’s Resolutions this year.
What did we accomplish since writing that post last year…
-Had a beautiful baby girl and enjoyed three foster kids (as mentioned)
-Landscaped our front yard
-Another great year of homeschooling
-Major declutter of Home and storage shed (still working on it)
-Planted Apple Tree and Rasberry bushes in the backyard
-Using homemade laundry detergent
-Quit eating sugar for three months
Okay, I feel a little better now.