6 bars of Fels Naptha Soap (on the laundry aisle)
1 Box of 20 Mule Team Borax (on the laundry aisle)
1 Box of Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (on the laundry aisle)
Essential Oil (your favorite scent, just make sure it is an essential oil)
1) Put 18 cups of water on to boil (use a very large pot).
2) Grate Fels Naptha Soap and add to water. Stir until completely dissolved (this takes a while. watch it! or it will boil over!!)
3) Add the Borax and Washing Soda and stir until dissolved.
4) Pour into 12- Quart size jars and add about a teaspoon of essential oil to the top of each jar. Put the lids on and let sit overnight.
5) Pour one or two jars at a time into a mixer and and beat it smooth then pour it back into the jars.
6) Use 2 teaspoons per load of laundry. (I have a front load washer)
Makes 12 quarts of concentrate (768 loads!!!)
I used smaller jars because I had them but I wish I had used the quart jars.